Jim’s Top 10 Inspirational Books
National Colon Cancer Awareness Day is on Friday, March 6th. Since my blog is meant to be inspirational, I wanted to list my most inspirational books for everyone, listed in reverse order. My favorite book for Fierce Hope readers is book #1 etc.
- Switch: How to Change Things When Change Is Hard by Chip and Dan Heath
- New and Selected Poems, Volume One by Mary Oliver
My favorite nature poems! Mary Oliver’s perceptive, brilliantly crafted poems about the natural landscape and the fundamental questions of life and death.
8. Die Empty: Unleash Your Best Work Every Day by Todd Henry
“Embrace the importance of now, and refuse to allow the lull of comfort, fear, familiarity, and ego to prevent you from taking action on your ambitions…The cost of inaction is vast. Don’t go to your grave with your best work inside of you. Choose to die empty.”
- David and Goliath: Underdogs, Misfits, and the Art of Battling Giants by Malcolm Gladwell
Malcolm Gladwell challenges how we think about obstacles and disadvantages, offering a new interpretation of what it means to be discriminated against, or cope with a disability, or lose a parent, or attend a mediocre school, or suffer from any number of other apparent setbacks.
- The Icarus Deception: How High Will You Fly? by Seth Godin
Another book that changed the game for me. Icarus was warned not to fly too low, because seawater would ruin the lift in his wings. Flying too low is even more dangerous than flying too high, because it feels deceptively safe.
- Letters to a Young Poet by Rainer Maria Rilke
- 177 Mental Toughness Secrets of the World Class: The Thought Processes, Habits and Philosophies of the Great Ones by Steve Siebold
- The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch
With Fierce Hope,
PS: Special thanks to all of you who have been sharing my latest posts on Facebook and twitter. It’s really helped this blog reach a massive readership. (almost 2000 subscribers in just a few months). Don’t forget to wear your Fierce Hope shirts (or anything blue) on Friday and tag Amy and I in your selfies! Hope to do another video to thank our supporters soon!
You can subscribe to e-mail updates HERE