I had a rough day yesterday with lots of stomach issues, which serve as a reminder of what I am dealing with. It can get me down sometimes, but I try to push through. People often ask me where I derive inspiration. Below is my top ten inspiration list.
10. Books: If you all recall, I listed my top ten inspirational books here.
9. Friends: My blog doesn’t give me a good way to reply to your blog comments, but I read them all and derive strength from them.
8. Quotes: I am adding an “Inspiration Store,” to the top of the blog header. I want to highlight the very cool quotes and sayings that my wife sells as part of her Uppercase Living collection. Their motto is, “Live a Life Inspired,” and that is what both of us are trying to do each day.
- Film: In an upcoming post I will list my top ten movies. When you have a lot of time to keep your mind busy, you can watch a lot of movies.
- Poetry: I can’t get enough Rumi, Rilke and Whitman. Poetry is easily consumable and in short pieces which is good for my ADD.
- YouTube Videos: Watch this video.
- Writing: I love to write. As I mentioned, I am working on a book, and I love to write this blog.
- Silence and Meditation: I’ve been a meditation guy for over a decade. I love to just sit in total contemplation. I’m not looking to gain anything beyond peace.
- Nature: Wild places provide the right kind of solitude for the soul.
- Family: My wife, children, mom, brother, sister, and in-laws have been my strength. I rely on them to not only function, but to thrive.
PS: Special thanks to all of you who have been sharing my latest posts on Facebook and twitter. It’s really helped this blog reach a massive readership. (almost 2000 subscribers in just a few months).
You can subscribe to e-mail updates HERE